Sitting here still without anything to do,
Maybe it’s nothing but I gotta see this through,
No, my feelings ain’t nothing and I got so much to say,
Cause I wanted something else, not a lonely, lonely day.
-AJ Rafael, Little Piece of Home
- because my right eye is swollen and it hurts more than anything
- because I missed constitutional law class for the 7th time
- because I want to drop out of law school but no one is letting me
- because I’m tired
- because I know I can do better but I’m not sure I want to
- because I’m pretty sure I’m the worst person ever.
OKAY THANKS INTERNET
I begin tucking him into bed and he tells me, “Daddy check for monsters under my bed.” I look underneath for his amusement and see him, another him, under the bed, staring back at me quivering and whispering, “Daddy there’s somebody on my bed.”
The doctors told the amputee he might experience a phantom limb from time to time. Nobody prepared him for the moments though, when he felt cold fingers brush across his phantom hand.
I can’t move, breathe, speak or hear and it’s so dark all the time. If I knew it would be this lonely, I would have been cremated instead.
Don’t be scared of the monsters, just look for them. Look to your left, to your right, under your bed, behind your dresser, in your closet…
View original post 999 more words